SSC JE (Junior Engineer) Eligibility Criteria & Exam Pattern
SSC JE 2018 Exam will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission of India in two phases:
Paper 1: It will constituteof 200 marks and is a Multiple Choice Questions based paper. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong by a candidate.
Paper 2: It will constitute of 300 marks and is a Multiple Choice Questions based paper. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every question attempted wrong by a candidate.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
|PAPERS||SUBJECT||MAX MARKS||DURATION & TIMING|
|Paper-I Objective Type Computer Based||(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours per shift|
|(ii) General Awareness||50|
(iii) Part –A
Civil & Structural OR Part-B
|Paper-II Conventional Type Written Exam||
Civil & Structural OR Part-B
SSC JE Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC JE Exam covers major three sections:
* General Intelligence and Reasoning Analogies *Similarities *Differences *Space Visualization *Problem Solving *Analysis *judgment *Decision Making *Visual Memory *Discrimination *Observation *Relationship Concepts *Arithmetical Reasoning *Verbal And Figure Classification *Arithmetical Number Series Etc *Abstract Ideas And Symbols And Their Relationships *Arithmetical Computations *Other Analytical Functions.
* General Awareness *Current Affairs *India and its neighboring countries *History *Culture *Geography *Economic Science *General Polity and Scientific Research, etc
* Technical Subjects (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil & Structural Let’s have a look at the detailed syllabus for all these sections separately:
• Basic concepts. • Circuit law. • Magnetic Circuit. • AC Fundamentals. • Measurement and Measuring Instruments. • Electrical Machines. • Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors. • Synchronous Machines. • Generation. • Transmission and Distribution. • Estimation and Costing. • Utilization and Electrical Energy. • Basic Electronics.
• Theory of Machines and Machine Design. • Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials. • Properties of Pure Substances. • 1st Law of Thermodynamics. • 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. • IC Engines Combustion. • Air standard Cycles for IC Engines. • IC Engine Performance. • IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication. • Rankine cycle of System. • Boilers. • Classification. • Specification. • Fitting & Accessories. • Air Compressors & their cycles. • Refrigeration cycles. • The principle of Refrigeration Plant. • Nozzles & Steam Turbines. • Properties & Classification of Fluids. • Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure. • Fluid kinematics. • Dynamics of Ideal fluids. • Measurement of Flow rate. • Basic principles. • Hydraulic Turbines. • Centrifugal Pumps. • Classification of steels.
• Building Materials. • Estimating, Costing, and Valuation. • Surveying. • Soil Mechanics. • Hydraulics. • Irrigation Engineering. • Transportation Engineering. • Environmental Engineering.
• Theory of Structures. • Concrete Technology. • RCC Design, Steel Design.
SSC JE Eligibility Criteria
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD||32 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES||30 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES||18-27 years|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical)||Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.|
|Junior Engineer (QS&C)||MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).|
SSC JE Cut off Marks
|Category||Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Cut Off||Civil Engineering Cut Off|